Sunday, August 9, 2009

Well, Well, Well Look Who Decided to Show Up and Play

Ladies and gentleman, today is a new day. One that I, my family, most Yankee fans, and several thousand other human beings never expected to occur. You might ask yourself, what did I miss? Did Earth flip over? No my good friends the answer is even more important and significant than that. The Yankees beat the Red Sox in extra innings. Okay big deal right? Actually, a huge one when you consider the implications and the person who did it. We finally win a decent game, and in extra innings no less. However, these are all facts that could have occurred. One fact occurred that I thought was near impossible. This man, the choke of all chokes, came up clutch for us in the bottom of the fifteenth inning.



Now A-Rod is a great player, don't get me wrong. However, he is, by no means, a clutch player to the slightest degree. When watching highlights of the game, I re-winded to his home run and watched it three times. After the third time, I thought to myself thoughts that made me doubt my Yankee fan-hood. I thought "What's the matter with Alex" and "Something must have been wrong with him tonight." Call me an un-true fan or bandwagon jumper who doesn't know about Yankee baseball. The way I see it is someone who has seen A-Rod fail in situations like that 15th inning countless times before. Even Alex seemed surprised that he hit it and I could tell he wasn't expecting to be pied by A.J. Burnett.



The photo above is most likely the only time, other than last night, in Alex's playing career when he has deserved to be pied. One thing I did notice was that the pie throw was A.J. Burnett's worst of the game after he threw a gem of a game Friday night.



How about the Yankees? Five and half games ahead of Boston in the AL East and looking for the sweep tomorrow If we can old our 5-2 lead in the bottom of the eighth. Our pitching has been great so far.

While browsing through Youtube, I a found a funny Nike promotional video. The video has Kevin Durant, Mo Williams, Rashard Lewis, and Andre Igoudala promoting the new Hyperize shoe, which pays tribute to the movie White Men Can't Jump.



In the skit, I think Mo Williams, or Fog Raw, is the funniest. Kevin Durant, or Velvet Hoop,is also funny. The skit is hilarious, but I cant figure out how to get it on the blog so here is a link. Check out 0:39-0:42 and 2:23-2:26.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-40T9hGITk&NR=1



Speaking of Rashard Lewis, he recently was suspended ten games by the NBA for testing positive for elevated testosterone levels. First of all, I don't see how that would help in basketball. Second of all, I think athletes need to start buying protein supplements themselves and have them approved before drinking them after the recent controversy with David Ortiz and Rashard Lewis.



Speaking of elevated testosterone levels(estrogen for you Manny)why isn't the Mitchell report and every single name on it released so that the players can get proper punishment and baseball can move out of the "Steroid Era."

1 comment:

  1. True story, A-Rod with pie on his face is something I don't expect to see too often. This either means we're going to win the World Series, or Armageddon is happening.

    ReplyDelete